Hey, there! All good? Are you all feeling wonderful or profoundly awful? You might be thinking, why am I asking these questions. Any guesses? Yes, you got it right. I was talking about quarantine and COVID-19 situation.
We all are these days locked down at homes; of course, few are at different places. The world is suffering, or should I rather say that it is healing? What? Healing? Are you idiot? Oh! Come on, we all know this, the pollution stuff, right! Aren’t these the thoughts on your brain?
But the story here is a little bit different from all these questions. Most people have been affected by the virus, and a few had to face death. Sad! Many of us might be blaming the Chinese for the situation today. But, I feel it was kind of needed for us. We surely required a reality check.
- We vigorously dominate the other species.
- No matter how rich you are, when rigid situations come, you are tender too.
- One really doesn’t need to show spirituality to the heights of foolishness.
- None is higher, and none is smaller, we all are on the same plane.
- Other species also have the right to live in this world.
- Religions were created by humans, humanity was a gift we lost with time.
- We have lost the essence of life in the run to wealth.
- Nature was highly neglected, and we are no powerful than nature.
- Corporate slavery doesn’t need to exist.
- The world is a better place when humanity is rightly served.
Let me explain to you every reality check. But, why one needs to know them? These reality checks are not to confine ourselves to guilt but if you don’t question yourself now, you won’t be able to answer the consequences of tomorrow.
Let’s get to each of the above stated one by one.
- Homosapiens have been dominant since their existence. First, they dominated Neanderthals, then the other species, then their own species. So, we all believe that we, as a species, have higher IQ than any other living being on the earth. Unfortunately, we are not. Why? Because dominance is neither a sign of intelligence nor power. Maybe that is why we destroy our planet with man-made mistakes and just keep killing each other with personal opinions. But, as they say, every dog has a day. Dominance is shit, my friends. We are damn locked inside, liked we closed other species in cages. Now you know what we are.
- We have been earning and earning and earning. But what next? Money can’t buy happiness is too clichéd to speak. However, money indeed is not powerful than knowledge. If you don’t have the knowledge, money is an object of no use.
- Spirituality is definitely ones’ personal choice, but it should never overpower the concept of “Live and Let Live.” We all sure know how Maulana Muhammad Saad, the chief of Tablighi Jamaat, has conducted the congregation at Nizamuddin Markaz, risking lives on innocent people. Even though it led to the spread of COVID-19 to many people, he is not guilty of the fact. Instead, a recording came out of him speaking to conduct to more of such congregations. Anyways, thankfully, a few of Tablighi Jamaat attendees have got themselves checked at hospitals, and a few of them are traced and quarantined by the government. Yet, they are some fools who are attacking the medics in return who are trying to treat them. On the other hand, people are spreading religious hatred. Now, what is this, if it is not foolishness?
- We are in a situation where each is vulnerable to the situation. From labourer to an economist, all of us can act nothing but to save our lives.
- We had power over every species around the world. Now that we are locked down and stagnant, other species are taking some breathe free from us out there.
- We all created religions just to prove that we are more significant than one other. Now, we have no choice but to accept the fact that humanity alone is our religion.
- Everyone was too busy making a career and money that we forgot we were supposed to live. We were either busy settling the mistakes of the past or planning the future. Now we are just worried about living one other day. Yet again, making mistakes.
- We always used nature to our purpose and didn’t bother to pay it back. Unlike us, it was patient until the destruction went to a spot where there was no choice but to punish us.
- Corporates have paved way more of slavery than to employment. Slavery which made people numb than employed. The Sensex is falling, so are the businesses, so is the toil. If there is a tomorrow and we get back to work, we all are sure to face the worst recession ever. The jobs will be gone, and unemployment will rise. The people who did nothing but slavery will find it hard to do something for their living.
- Doctors, medics, police, social welfare workers, and many other people who are working out there for our safety, risking their lives deserve tremendous respect. They are not doing this for money but out of humanity. If we work towards the welfare of each other, we find each other happy and safe.
Whether there is a tomorrow or not, the lessons need to remembered. Humanity needs to saved. Nature needs to be honoured, and life should never be taken for granted.